- 2004-present, bikes@vienna, 128-A Church St. NW, Vienna, VA, Bicycle sales
Sell bikes, perform minor repairs, build bikes, sweep the floor and empty the trash.
- 2000-present, Fairfax County, VA, Web Developer
Developed and maintain the Fairfax County Hunter Mill District Web site.
- 1979 - 1999, U.S. Geological Survey, Reston, VA, Geographer
Researcher in the National Mapping Division. Managed
the development of an interactive web-based mapping
application. Directed daily activities of a team of 6
employees. Previously completed several Geographic Information System
(GIS) application projects using the ARC/INFO and ArcView computer
software, including the first bureau-wide GIS application which was
used as a prototype for several other projects.
- USGS STAR Award, 1999
- Department of Interior Superior Service Award, 1997
- University of Virginia, 1991 - 1992
- Graduate studies in Environmental Science
- Michigan State University, 1976 - 1978
- Michigan State University, 1967 - 1971
- Computer training:
- Member, Fairfax County Pedestrian Task Force, 2004 to present
- Member, Hunter Mill District Land Use Committee, 2000 to present
- Member, Fairfax County Non-Motorized Transportation Committee, 2000 to present
- Member, Reston on Foot Committee, 1999
- Member, Reston 2000 Task Force, 1998 - 1999
- Member, Washington Area Bicycle Association
- Bicycling, hiking, drawing, painting.